Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Guidance, Love, Security, and Creativity are truly all around!

Guidance, Love, Support, and Creativity

Well I am not even done with my full day here yet, and I am just bursting with excitement to document all the ways I have seen Guidance, Love, Support, and Creativity revealed to me in everyone and everything I have done today.

I found it in myself to find support for my mother today as I accompanied her to the dentist. The staff there was sweet and caring, and I suppose I was supporting my mother in general just by helping her there. But it was on our way out a woman went out of her way to compliment me on the color of my hair. I definitely think that was a combination of love and support that she didn't need to go out of her way to do, but she did.

Then we enjoyed some lunch at a restaurant my mom visits often and I got to meet one of the sweet servers who my mom always raves about there. Watching them interact, the love and support was absolutely undeniable.

Just moments after I wrote this post last night, I found info that directed me to the TED Talks that I mentioned in my first post. I could not stop watching different videos on there and many were so insightful to the depression I was feeling. They revealed some perspective for me about why I might be feeling so unhappy in regards to the downfall of having too many choices. The other talk focused on how we actually can manufacture our own happiness, even in the face of adversity or negative circumstances, and how that synthetic happiness is just as valuable as "real" happiness. If this wasn't all guidance, I don't know what is.

As far as creativity...I was doing my doodles all throughout watching these talks. I had received a call about a day ago that I returned today about a possible performing project I am being considered for. When I got to check out a little more about it and speak with the creator, I couldn't help but feel good. He was impressed with some of what I have done and the roles I have performed and I am excited to meet with them.

It didn't hurt that Oprah had a show on today about everyday heros who are helping people out in these hard times. I think it is in the next issue of People Magazine actually. Anyway, these stories were nothing BUT delicious examples of normal indiviuals, without tons of money who found ways to help people in need with resources they already had, or could get with a little creativity. It goes without saying that this demonstrated Love and Support!

We are off to a great start!

0 comments: